We apologize for the length of the delay in this release but we ran into a number of unforeseen issues trying to fix a couple of the bigger issues that were brought to our attention. The two issues that we are addressing in this release are problems with HTTPS and Network Printer discovery.
- DYMO Label 8.5.1
- DYMO Web Service Beta Installer Beta 2
- An available TCP port within the range 41951 – 41960
This was a big issue. A service running on windows will not see Network/shared printers for a user and there are Microsoft bugs that prevent seeing these printers when the service is run as the current user. With that in mind, we had to re-implement the way the service is run. It is now a service that starts when the user logs in. This Service will appear in a user’s application tray and can be configured from there. This will allow the SDK to see any Network/Shared Printers that the user has installed.
New Tray application
The new tray tool has several options:
- Start/Stop the Service
- Configure: Which will let you specifically configure a port within the approved range.
- Diagnose: This will confirm that the service is running and identify the port.
- The KB2954953 patch no longers needs to be applied for the service to work
- We’ve seen some issues where the service needs to run with elevated permissions to see the printers. We are working on this issue.
- We’ve seen some crashes when the service starts or at the end of the install. We are investigating but you should be able to start the service from the C:\Program Files (x86)\DYMO\DLS Web Service\DYMO.DLS.Printing.Host.exe
- The Mac version is being tested right now and we hope to have a version released soon.
We appreciate your patience! We are working on this as hard as we can and understand your frustrations with delays. We want to insure that we release a quality product that can meet your demands. Your feedback is valuable to us!