We are proud to announce the release of DYMO Label software version 8.5.3 for Mac.
UPDATE: The newest version is available in the following post: DLS 8.5.3 Patch Release
This release includes:
- Support for OS X El Capitan
- Support for Microsoft Office 2016
- DYMO Label Web Service is installed for use by the DYMO Label Framework.
Thanks again for everyone’s patience. We were not able to do a Beta on the Mac version but it contains all the feedback that we got from the Windows Beta. If there are any issues, please either post on the blog or send an email to sdkreply at newellco dot com. We’ll be monitoring both looking for issues and will try to respond to issues as quickly as possible. Keep in mind the more information that you include in your post/email, the better we will be able to help you.
We’ve had some reports from our users that a reboot may be required for the DYMO Web Service to get properly configured. We are looking into this further. The way you know you are in a state that requires a reboot is as follows:
- Click on the DYMO icon in the upper right on the top menu bar
- Select Diagnose
- If a dialog pops up and it complains about no ssl assigned to the port, you should reboot.
- If you see a dialog that says “DYMO Label Web Service is running on port XXX”, then there could be a different issue.