Update: DYMO Label software 8.3 has been released. See http://developers.dymo.com/2011/01/13/announcing-dymo-label-8-3/
Update 2: DYMO Label SDK 8.3.1 has been released. See http://developers.dymo.com/2011/12/02/announcing-dymo-label-sdk-8-3-1/
Please Note This release is a BETA. It has not been extensively tested outside DYMO and should be used for developer testing only, NOT for production software releases.
Now you can use the SDK from 64-bit processes, e.g. Internet Explorer 64-bit. The only thing to do is to recompile your application to be 64-bit, no need to change any code.
New DYMO Label Framework API
Starting this introduces a new API – the DYMO Label Framework. It provides a simpler streamlined interface for printing labels.
- Support for 32-bit and 64-bit applications.
- Support for Tape printers. Now you can use the same simple API to print on Tape printers as for printing on LabelWriter printers. All you need to do is to design a Tape label in DLS, load it in your application and print.
- Native .NET support. The Framework provides native .NET support. There is no need to use COM-Interop anymore. Features available in .NET such as indexed properties, enumerators, etc are used to provide an API that is easier to use.
- COM support. Microsoft COM is supported as well, similar to current SDK.
- Consolidated High and Low Level API. The Framework combines the current high-level and low-level APIs into a single API. Now there is no need to switch between APIs if you need some advanced functionality not available in high-level API.
- On Windows: Internet Explorer 6+, Firefox 2+, Chrome 4, Opera 10, Safari
- On Mac: Safari 3+
- Simple cross-browser and cross-platform API
- Ability to load images from the server or from local file system
Ability to print multiple labels at once
The SDK libraries are installed by the DYMO Label 8.2.3 installer. It installs BOTH the DLS SDK (32 and 64 bit) and the new DYMO Label Framework along with drivers and the DYMO Label application.
Windows DYMO Label v.8 Installer