We thought it would be helpful to have sort of an “interactive” post where you could ask questions about our SDKs. Here’s how it will work:
- Add a comment to this post asking any question you like regarding DYMO SDKs. It can be anything: how to setup a simple SDK application, potential bugs you may have encountered, etc.
- We will sort through your questions and pick a some of the best ones to answer in this post.
- This post will be updated with the questions and answers so everyone can see them
Once we’ve picked out the best questions, we’ll approve all of the other questions and they will appear in the comments section of this post so other developers can help you out. We’re looking forward to your questions!
- Is there a way to interact with Dymo label printers from an iOS app? Sample app would be great. (from Steven Hepting)
Currently, the only way to print from an iOS device is using the DYMO Proxy Service that is installed with DLS. This service acts as the “middle-man” between your iOS device and your DYMO printers. For more information on how to use this proxy service, see the following blog posts: http://developers.dymo.com/tag/ios/. Please note that this service is still in BETA and has not been extensively tested outside of DYMO.
- Is the proxy service available for Mac? (from Matthew Dever)
The proxy service is a Windows only tool. Also note, the proxy tool is a beta release and there are no plans to move it out of beta.